“For the greater honor and glory of God and in the honor of St. Susanna.”
This is the inscription on the cornerstone when Saint Susanna Church and School were dedicated in October of 1953. Father Reidy ministered the church and the Sisters of Providence staffed the school. The initial enrollment was 80 students, while the population of the town of Plainfield was 1900 people. Three additions/renovations have been added to the building over the years to provide needed space for growing numbers at our school. Now more than sixty years later, St. Susanna has nearly 300 students, and the town of Plainfield, Indiana, has grown to over 30,000 people. Our students reside in four different counties and come to us from 12 different public school districts.
Parish and School Facilities
Founded in 1953 on a 6 acre campus
Approximately 1,300 member Catholic parish, 450 student Religious Education Program and 300 student PS-8th Grade School
Separate Preschool, Elementary, and Middle School areas